-
January 5th, 2006, 05:37 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Some of you may remember/have a copy of the Historical Outfit Grid I compiled a while ago. Well, it's back, and it's better than ever! My unbelievably amazing boyfriend helped me turn it into a javascript-enhanced webpage. Kailey helped too - who knew she was a computer nerd at heart? Anywho, he thought it would be fun to have it be patrioticboy.com (since he's not an American Girl, and that website's taken anyway). So, without further ado, I give you
www.patrioticboy.com, or the online American Girl Outfit Quick Reference Grid!
There are a few things you should be aware of when using the grid. Yes, it's not ideal that you have to scroll a lot, but you can shrink the size of the text using the "view" menu on your web browser to make it more compact. Also, you might get some security warning when you try to load the page. I think this is because of the javascript - just allow the blocked content.
My hope is that this will help people strategize their orders by looking at retirement patterns, keep track of how many outfits each historical has, and just keep all those outfits straight! I owe many, many thanks to Meg for her amazing website , which provided me with information on the history of the older outfits. Meg, you rock!
I hope you enjoy patrioticboy.com. It was a lot of fun to make, and it got my boyfriend excited about my "doll stuff." He's really proud of it. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
- Becca
P.S. I believe this is my 1000th post. Woohoo! [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
January 5th, 2006, 05:55 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Great job - it's really nice to see all the outfits listed this way. I love it!
-
January 5th, 2006, 06:16 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Wow! Very, very nice, Becca. What a super reference guide this is...compact and complete! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
January 5th, 2006, 06:58 AM
#4
Inactive Member
I've been wanting something like this!!!
Thanks so much!!
-
January 5th, 2006, 07:07 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Love it! Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
January 5th, 2006, 07:38 AM
#6
Inactive Member
This is great and so helpful, thanks.
-
January 5th, 2006, 12:13 PM
#7
monimarine
Guest
That looks great! Thanks!
-
January 5th, 2006, 12:39 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Thank you! This is so helpful! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
January 5th, 2006, 12:49 PM
#9
Inactive Member
-
January 5th, 2006, 01:06 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Terrific!! Thanks!! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks